Grid Project!!






Oh boy, this project was by far the most tedious and mentally challenging project I have ever done! I used these little glitter sequence pieces on a 12x12 inch piece of wood. Because of the size of the glitter, my grid ended up being 48x59! I used more than 2,800 of those glitter pieces and safe to say it took me quite a while. I really do love how the final product turned out and it was well worth my time spent.
I wanted to do a sun and a moon because it related to my flip book animation. I honestly didn't like how mediocre my flip book was, so I wanted to go above and beyond for this project. The hardest part was figuring out the layout of the design. Once the layout was done, gluing the pieces on wasn't challenging, just very time consuming and sticky to say the least. I used a heavy duty glue stick to put the pieces on and the glitter kept sticking to my fingers. I had to get a good system going and I ended up moving pretty fast towards the end. This has definitely given me a new found appreciation for grid art and pixelation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Deconstruction Video

Reaction to Pjotr Sapegin's "Madama Butterfly"

Flip Book Animation